Do you want to work for a world-renowned research institute that pushes the boundaries of biomedical science and health research? Right here in Montreal! At the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC), you can be part of an organization focused on scientific discovery and innovation in patient-centered medicine. Join us today and make a difference!
RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
Under the general supervision of the Facilities, Planning & Project Management Manager for the Research Institute of the MUHC, the incumbent supervises, plans, coordinates and controls the resources and activities related to service requests made by researchers, logistics, moves, insurance claims, and the acquisition and maintenance of research mechanic systems under their responsibility at the RI-MUHC on the sites assigned to them.
• Plans, coordinates and oversees service request follow-ups, as well as the acquisition, installation, move, preventative and corrective maintenance, and the replacement of research mechanical systems, while remaining within the limits of the budget allocated to the service, oversees internal technicians and professionals’ activities as well as external companies’,
• Oversees all aspects of move coordination to establish functional requirements and physical needs in order to plan the space or research program reorganization,
• Participates in the development, implementation, update and proper functioning of maintenance management software, including preventative maintenance programs, security access management, insurance claim management and service file management, dashboards, data reports,
• Oversees the human, material, financial and informational resources for the service, including participating to the recruitment and performance evaluations of personnel, assists the manager in budget preparation and control, in purchasing and replacing equipment, tools and instruments, and in evaluating and selecting service contracts,
• Manages projects specific to planning, setting deadlines and following up on work, as assigned by the manager. Monitors and executes projects related to mechanical systems. Assists with project planning and management for large medical equipment and space renovations,
• Plans, ensures, organizes and delivers orientation and training to users and team members on physical facility technology, safe use and performance of mechanical systems and equipment, or on any other area of expertise, while staying updated on their research technology in order to optimize the use of mechanical systems and equipment.
• Participates to level 2 emergency calls and responds to infrastructure system interruptions and to public service interruptions in case of emergencies or planned incidents. Responsible for the planning and troubleshooting of public service interruptions to determine the cause.
Education / Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in building engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or an equivalent in an accredited institution,
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in institutional installation maintenance,
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory role,
• Experience in a biomedical research setting is an asset,
• Excellent knowledge of French and English, verbal and written,
• Continuing education in physical facility technologies,
• Ability to give training,
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
• Demonstrates initiative, excellent leadership skills,
• Excellent ability to work within a team,
• Solid knowledge of project management,
• Good analytical skills,
• Computer literate and knowledge of MS Office, familiar with databases,
• Knowledge of AutoCAD and ability to read electrical, plumbing and CVC drawings,
• Being a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec is an asset.
Status : Permanent, full time
Pay Scale: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Work Shift: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, 35 hours/week
Work Site: Glen Site, 1001, Decarie blvd, Montreal
Why Work with us?
• 5 weeks’ vacation
• Paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
• 13 paid statutory holidays
• 12 paid sick days, including 3 personal days
• Group insurance plan (including Gender Affirmation benefit)
• Government and Public Employees Retirement Plan (RREGOP) https://lnkd.in/g58ydPiS
• Professional development courses
• Flex work options and much more
This position requires adequate protection against COVID-19 in light of work site and as per the Government of Quebec decree # 1276-2021 dated September 24, 2021
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
NOTE: The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
Le CUSM applique un programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi et invite les femmes, les Autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées à présenter leur candidature. Des mesures d’adaptation peuvent être offertes aux personnes handicapées qui en font la demande en fonction de leurs besoins.